• 1 cup of pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds, green)
• 1 cup of almonds*
• 10 Medjool Dates
• 1 cup of currants/sultanas
• 1⅓ cups of cacao (cocoa powder is fine: high-quality, preferably unsweetened)
• 2 tbsp of honey
• 3 tbsp of coconut oil
• 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
• 1 tbsp of salt
• 2 tbsp of TurmeriX
• Extra fine shredded coconut and TurmeriX to roll the balls in
• Pulse the pepitas and almonds in a blender until roughly chopped, then put into a mixing bowl.
• Add the cacao, TurmeriX, and salt. Stir thoroughly.
• Put the pitted dates and currents/sultanas into a blender and give a few quick pulses to mix. Add to the mixing bowl. If you are using dried dates, add a few extra and soak in warm water first
• Melt the coconut oil and honey, then add the vanilla. Add to the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly.
• Using your hands form into small balls. (Note: avoid hand stains by wearing disposable gloves) You will get approx. 12 golf ball sized bliss balls; however, the size depends on how decadent you’re feeling
• Roll in the desiccated coconut and TurmeriX mix, to cover. If the coconut mix won’t stick use a little coconut oil on the balls.
• They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Note: If you used chocolate flavored protein powder instead of the cacao, 2 TurmeriX bliss balls would make a great alternative to breakfast, or as an energy snack.
* You could use other nuts such as cashews, peanuts, walnuts – or even a mix of different nuts, whatever you desire. 2 bliss balls (golf ball sized) = 1 daily serve of TurmeriX.