- 1 packet of spring roll wrappers (available from Asian grocery stores or supermarkets)
- 1 egg
- Lamb burger mix
- In a small bowl beat one egg with 4-5 tsp of cold water.
- Open spring roll wrappers and leave on bench covered with a damp towel.
- Peel one wrapper from the pack and place on bench in a diamond shape with one corner pointing towards you.
- Place 1 tablespoon of lamb mix on the wrapper and spread the mix from the far left hand corner of the wrapper towards the right corner stopping short about 2-3 inches of the right corner in a thin line about the thickness of 3 drinking straws.
- Using a pastry brush paint the egg mixture around all edges of the wrapper.
- Holding the bottom corner of the wrapper drag the wrapper towards the top corner leaving the lamb mix folded in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the excess of the wrapper on the right corner over the lamb mix and roll upwards into a cigar shape with one open end (left corner).
- Repeat for as many spring rolls as you need making sure to cover the wrappers with the damp towel each time.
- In a deep frying pan with approximately 1 inch of vegetable oil at 175°F, fry each spring roll until golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
Serve with fingers of sliced cucumber or spring onion, sweet chili sauce and kecap manis.
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.