- ¾ cup cream
- 8 tsp sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp TurmeriX
- In a small pot combine cream and TurmeriX, whisk until combined.
- Put on medium heat and bring to a boil, removing immediately from the heat.
- In a small stainless steel or glass bowl (a little bigger than the circumference of the pot) combine the egg yolks and sugar; whisk until combined. Place the bowl on top of the pot above the cream; using the heat from the steam, whisk until mixture thickens.
- Remove the bowl to the counter and add hot cream, a little at a time, to the yolk-sugar mixture all the time stirring with a rubber spatula.
- When all ingredients are combined transfer back to the pot and heat over low-medium heat all the time stirring with rubber spatula until mixture reaches 150°F or until thick and coats the back of the spatula
- Strain mixture through a sieve into small ramekins (approximately ¾ cup) and refrigerate overnight.
To serve, sprinkle a thin layer of castor sugar over the surface of the custard and caramelize with a brûlée torch. (Serves 2)
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.