- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, pealed and chopped
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- low sodium chicken stock or water
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 4 cups leftover turkey, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- TurmeriX™ powder
- Combine 8 cups of water, turkey carcass, chicken stock, celery, carrot, peppercorns, salt and thyme into a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 40 minutes.
- Strain stock, discarding vegetables. Pick the remaining meat off the carcass' bones and dice. Discard bones. Once strained stock is cooled, skim off fat.
- Measure how much stock you have. Add back to large pot. Depending how much stock you have top up to 8 cups liquid with chicken stock or water. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add pepper, thyme, diced turkey and orzo. Once orzo is almost cooked, add in diced turkey and frozen peas.
- Once peas are cooked and turkey is heated through, remove from heat and stir in fresh garlic.
- Stir in desired amount of TurmeriX™, per serving bowl. (½-1 tsp is a decent amount).