Golden Prawn Salad
- 12 large tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- ½ bunch Vietnamese mint
- 0.33 lb Danish feta
- 2 tbsp of TurmeriX
- 2 ½ tbsp of warm water
- Lime juice
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 ½ tsp of tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of TurmeriX
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl mix the tamarind, honey, lime juice, salt, and TurmeriX to form a paste.
- Stirring slowly add the water little by little until combined.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and add the oil.
- Replace the lid and shake vigorously until emulsified.
For the salad:
- In a medium sized bowl add the tomatoes, red onion, and cucumber; season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Dress with the dressing, toss and transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Sprinkle the prawns with TurmeriX and salt.
- Grill or fry prawns for 3-4 minutes on each side. You will be able to tell when the prawns are cooked, as they will turn a pink color.
- Transfer to the serving plate on top of the salad.
- Garnish with crumbled feta and Vietnamese mint leaves.