Nepalese Butter Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, sliced into medallions
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of ginger, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp of garam masala
- 1 tbsp of TurmeriX
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- ½ tbsp of curry powder
- 3 cardamom pods, seeds removed and ground
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- ½ cup of cream
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- Sprigs of coriander, chopped lightly for garnish
- In a large pan heat some oil and add onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. Sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Add spices and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breast and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add sweet chili sauce, cream and spring onion, stir and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add TurmeriX in at the end just before serving.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed basmati rice or roti bread and raita.