Soy Chai Tea
• 5 cardamom pods
• 5 cloves
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• ¾ inch piece of ginger, finely diced
• ½ vanilla bean sliced lengthways and chopped
• 1 tbsp of TurmeriX
• 2 bags of Ceylon tea
• In a spice grinder, or mortar and pestle, grind up spices and contents of tea bags.
• Place in a bowl or 1 quart measuring jug.
• Bring the kettle to a boil and leave to cool for 3-4 minutes.
• Pour 1 cup hot water into the jug and add the honey and stir. Let stand for 10 minutes.
• Add 1-2 cups of soy milk to the jug (according to taste) and stir. Let stand until cool.
This is your chai tea, it can be kept in the fridge for a few days if needed. Bear in mind, the longer it stands the stronger it will become. To serve: strain required amount into a small pot over low heat but do not boil. Serve at around 160˚F.