Spiced Crème Brûlée
- 3/4 cup of cream
- 8 tsp of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of TurmeriX
- In a small pot combine cream and TurmeriX, whisk until combined.
- Put on medium heat and bring to a boil, removing immediately from the heat.
- In a small stainless steel or glass bowl (a little bigger than the circumference of the pot) combine the egg yolks and sugar, whisk until combined. Place the bowl on top of the pot above the cream, using the heat from the steam whisk until mixture thickens.
- Remove the bowl from the counter and add hot cream, a little at a time to the yolk-sugar mixture all the time stirring with a rubber spatula.
- When all ingredients are combined transfer back to the pot & heat over low-medium heat all the time stirring with a rubber spatula until mixture reaches 150˚F or until thick & coats the back of the spatula.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into small ramekins (2/3 - 3/4 cup) and refrigerate overnight.
To serve, sprinkle a thin layer of castor sugar over the surface of the custard and caramelize with a brûlée torch.