This is a delicious soup that is quick and easy to make. Good to freeze too!
- 3 lb pumpkin, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup cream
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Qt vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, grated
- 2 tsp TurmeriX™
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sour cream to serve
- Place pumpkin, onion and vegetable stock in a large saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put through blender, in batches, until smooth.
- Return to saucepan. Add the cream, nutmeg, TurmeriX™and pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and sour cream. (Serves 4)
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.