- 1 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds, green)
- 1 cup almonds*
- 10 Medjool Dates
- 1 cup currants/sultanas
- 1⅓ cups cacao (cocoa powder is fine: high quality, preferably unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp TurmeriX™
- Extra fine desiccated coconut and TurmeriX™ to roll the balls in
- Pulse the pepitas and almonds in a blender until roughly chopped then put into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cacao, TurmeriX™ and salt. Stir thoroughly.
- Put the pitted dates and currants/sultans into blender and give a few quick pulses to mix. Add to the mixing bowl. If you are using dried dates, add a few extra and soak in warm water first.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey, then add the vanilla. Add to the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Using your hands form into small balls. (Note: avoid hand stains by wearing disposable gloves) You will get approximately 12 golf ball sized bliss balls; however, the size depends on how decadent you’re feeling.
- Roll in the desiccated coconut and TurmeriX™ mix to cover. If the coconut mix won’t stick, use a little coconut oil on the balls.
Note: If you used chocolate flavoured protein powder instead of the cacao, 2 TurmeriX™ bliss balls would make a great alternative to breakfast, or as an energy snack.
* You could use other nuts such as cashews, peanuts, walnuts – or even a mix of different nuts, whatever you fancy really. 2 bliss balls (golf ball sized) = 1 daily serving of TurmeriX™.
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.