- 12 large tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- ½ bunch Vietnamese mint
- ⅓ lb Danish feta
- 2 tsp TurmeriX™
- 2 ½ tbsp warm water
- Lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp TurmeriX™
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl mix the tamarind, honey, lime juice, salt and TurmeriX™ to form a paste.
- Stirring slowly, add the water little by little until combined.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight fitting lid and add the oil.
- Replace the lid and shake vigorously until emulsified.
For the salad:
- In a medium sized bowl add the tomatoes, red onion and cucumber, season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Toss with the dressing and transfer to serving platter.
- Meanwhile heat a pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Sprinkle the prawns with TurmeriX™and salt.
- Grill or fry prawns for 3-4 minutes on each side. You will be able to tell when the prawns are cooked as they will turn a pink colour.
- Transfer to the serving plate on top of the salad.
- Garnish with crumbled feta and Vietnamese mint leaves. (Serves 4)
Post adapted from TurmeriX Australia.