Looking for the perfect turmeric muffin recipe? Look no further. Our tasty TurmeriX™ Un-Muffins are finished with a crunchy maple nut topping. Give them a try for breakfast or a power-packed snack.
- 1 ¼ cups of oatmeal
- ½ cup of rice flour
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp TurmeriX™
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 3 large super ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup probiotic yogurt, plus 12 tsp extra to serve
- ½ cup agave
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup each pecan and walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, mix oatmeal, rice flour, flaxseeds, baking soda, and walnuts.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, agave, and avocado oil and stir in the bananas.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well, then spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake for 22 minutes until they’re golden brown, or the top of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Meanwhile; to make the maple nut crunch, chop the nuts into small pieces and toast them in a dry frying pan over medium heat, until golden. Cool slightly, then add almond flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, and mix together. Cool completely.
- Serve each muffin with 1 tsp of yogurt and a sprinkling of nut topping. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. (Makes 12 muffins)